Viognier



Blend: 100% Viognier


Analysis:

Alcohol: 13.5 % | PH: 3.44| Titratable acidity: 5.3 g/L


Bottling Date: August 2019


Cellaring: 1-3 years


Tasting Notes:

A rich, lush and aromatic Viognier with intense perfumed aromas of honeysuckle, white peach, apricot, mango and vanilla infused poached pear with notes of blood orange and lemon oil. The full-bodied palate with medium acidity is opulent and textural with ripe stone fruit, grilled pineapple, papaya and some citrus zest adding liveliness on the long finish. Pair this with smoked chicken with apricot sauce or baked rich white fish with a tropical fruit salsa.  Rhys Pender, Master of Wine

Wine Making:

2018 was a moderate growing season that started with an earlier bud break and a warmer than average May. The season cooled during the summer months and rebounded with favourable September and October temperatures. The cooperative weather allowed us to retain acidity and provide quality fruit with increased crop levels. While the sun and heat create intense fruit flavours, the cool evenings preserve the natural acidity in the grapes keeping the wine fresh and lively.

The Viognier grapes were harvested by hand on October 15th and 18th from our Eva Vineyard in Osoyoos. They were sorted and dropped whole cluster into a pneumatic press for gentle extraction. 62% of the juice was then drained by gravity flow into oak barrels for fermentation with the other 38% fermented in stainless steel tank followed by malolactic fermentation to add depth and complexity. The barrel fermented portion introduces savoury and subtle oaky undertones that round out texture due to bâtonnage done post-ferment and further ageing for a total of 8 months in oak. The finished wine was filtered and stabilized before bottling.

Ageing: 100% French, 75% new, 25% 1-year-old oak

PDF Download

Individual Bottle Images

Large (28 MB) medium (10 MB) small (7 MB)

label Bottle Images

small (102 KB)