Sauvignon Blanc

Blend: 90% Sauvignon Blanc, 10% Sémillon


Alcohol: 13.5% | PH: 3.14 | Titratable acidity: 5.01 g/L

Bottling Date: July 2021

Cellaring: 1-3 years

Tasting Notes:

A complex, fresh and intense Sauvignon Blanc showing lots of tropical passionfruit, papaya, kiwi and cantaloupe along with acacia honey, white peach and lemon basil with complex toasted almond notes. Dry, crisp and vibrant on the palate with lemon, peach and nectarine, more tropical fruit, vanilla, lemon and lime and an herbal cilantro note and a long stony, mineral finish. Pair with Arctic char with a garlic brown butter, sourdough toast with goat’s cheese, peach and basil or grilled asparagus with poached egg and shaved parmesan.

Rhys Pender, Master of Wine

Wine Making:

The 2020 growing season was a rather average one characterized by certain weather events. Spring’s arrival was delayed, followed by bouts of rain in late May and early June which led to slightly lower yields and resultingly high-quality grapes. August added ideal summer heat, ripening the grapes slowly which extended into September. Sunny, clear skies in the fall helped makeup for the late start to the season and benefited flavour development in the grapes while cool nights helped retain acidity.

The majority of our Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon grapes were harvested by hand on October 6th and October 7th from our vineyard in Keremeos at optimized fruit maturity. They were hand sorted and dropped whole bunch by gravity into our pneumatic press for gentle extraction of the juice. Afterwards, 35% of the juice was fermented and aged for 8 months in a selection of new and old French oak in order to develop mouthfeel and infuse woodsy, toasty and spicy undertones. The other 65% of the juice was fermented and aged in tank to promote delicate and fresh fruity flavours. After 8 months, the wine was blended, filtered and cold-stabilized before being bottled in mid to late July of 2021.

PDF Download

Individual Bottle Images

Large (8 MB) medium (3 MB) small (764 KB)

label Bottle Images

small (185 KB)