Sauvignon Blanc



Blend: 100% Sauvignon Blanc


Analysis:

Alcohol: 13.5% | PH: 3.42 | Titratable acidity: 6.14 g/L


Bottling Date: May 2015


Cellaring: 3+ years


Tasting Notes:

Subtle flavours of fresh cut grass, lemon and passionfruit intermingle on the nose with vanilla, leafy and candied fruit undertones. The palate is rich with a harmoniously woven mouthfeel combining green apple, white peach, passionfruit with leafy, nectarine and fresh marjoram notes. Balance is built on a medium acidity and a mellowed texture that add weight to the wine which ends on a seductive citrusy, woodsy and mineral finish. Very food friendly, it will highlight the many flavours of a coconut poached halibut with Thai green vegetables, or a crunchy vegetable and peach sauté sprinkled with chili, lime and fresh herbs.

 

Wine Making:

The 2014 season presented the ideal conditions for the production of intensely aromatic and concentrated wines for both whites and reds: the dry and warm Spring favored blossoming, exceptional levels of heat during summer time provided for sufficient energy for an even ripening and the beautiful late season gave us time to pick the grapes at will, when they had reached our optimum standards of maturity.

The Sauvignon Blanc grapes were harvested by hand during the first week of October from our vineyard in Keremos. They were hand sorted and dropped whole bunch by gravity into the pneumatic press for a gentle extraction of the juice. After completion, 42% of the juice was fermented and aged in tank to promote its delicate and fresh fruity flavours. The other 58% was fermented and aged in a selection of oak barrels in order to develop the mouthfeel and to infuse woodsy, toasty and spicy undertones. After 4 months and 2 rackings, the wine was filtered, stabilized, and bottled.

Ageing: French (78%), American (13%), Russian (9%) with 40% New oak

PDF Download

Individual Bottle Images

Large (1 MB) medium (414 KB) small (57 KB)