Service Update: May 1, 2021
General COVID-19 Protocols at Burrowing Owl Estate Winery
- Please do not visit Burrowing Owl Estate Winery if you:
- are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including but not limited to fever, dry cough, sore throat & tiredness,
- you have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days,
- have been identified by public health as a close contact of someone with COVID-19,
- have been told by public health to self-isolate
- Please wear a mask when you are inside our buildings, in accordance with Public Health Orders in B.C.
- We ask that you maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between yourself, staff and other guests during your visit.
- We have increased the number of hand hygiene stations available for your use. We ask that you use them frequently.
- Washrooms and other high touch areas & surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout each day.
- We have installed plexiglass “sneeze-guards” at the front desk, and in our Wine Shop.
- Our staff has committed to a culture of health and safety and will not come to work if feeling ill and/or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
The Wine Shop –
In addition to the General protocols listed above:
- Remember to wear your mask until you are seated for your Wine Tasting Experience, and again once you are done as you move through the shop.
- The maximum number of people that we are able to accommodate in a group is 6. We are unable to accommodate groups larger than 6 people.
- Tastings are by appointment. To make an appointment or go online to www.burrowingowlwine.ca.
- Maximum of 21 guests are permitted in the Wine Shop at any given time, to ensure optimal physical distancing between guests. This number includes children, as well as anyone in the shop who is not tasting wine.
- We will be collecting the name and number of 1 person in each group for Interior Health Region’s contact tracing protocol.
- We have installed social distancing circles on the floor and ask that you maintain physical distance of 6ft or more between yourself and other guests and staff, at all times.
- All guests must remain seated during wine tastings and may not move about the shop or mingle with other groups.
- Wine tastings are $5 per person to taste 5 current vintage wines, with proceeds going to support the Burrowing Owl Conservation Society.
The Sonora Room Restaurant –
In addition to the General protocols above:
- Until May 24, the Sonora Room Restaurant will be open for outdoor patio dining and take-out service only, in accordance with Public Health Orders.
- Remember to wear your mask until you are seated for your Dining Experience, if you need to get up to use the restrooms, and again once your meal is complete and you are exiting the restaurant.
- Reservations are required to avoid disappointment, as we have limited seating available. Please call 1-877-498-0620 x2.
- The maximum number of guests in one group that we are able to accommodate is 6 from one household. We cannot accommodate groups larger than 6 people at separate tables.
- We are collecting the name and number of 1 person in each group for Interior Health Region’s contact tracing protocol.
- We have adjusted our service protocols to limit server contact with guests. Please follow the direction of your server.
- We have increased the number of hand hygiene stations. Please use them frequently.
The Guest House –
In addition to the General protocols above:
- Until May 24, we are only accepting reservations from the Thompson Okanagan region.
- Facial coverings are required in all public areas of the Guest House including hall ways, reception and elevator. Please advise our front desk team if you require a mask.
- Check in time is 4:00 pm, and check out time is 11:00 am. We are unable to offer early check-ins and late check-outs due to the extended time it takes to fully clean and sanitize rooms between guests.
- Housekeeping staff will not enter your room during your stay for any reason including tidies, and/or housekeeping. If you would like extra towels, linens, supplies or toiletries, please call our front desk at extension 500, and these will be delivered to a basket outside your door.
- Breakfast will be delivered to you for in-room dining each morning. You will be asked to make your breakfast selection upon check in.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Guest House, Wine Shop and Sonora Room. We ask that you use them frequently.
- Please maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between yourself, our staff and other guests during your stay. You will notice markers and signage on our floors.
- We have established a housekeeping routine for sanitation and hygiene, and you will see or hear staff cleaning high-touch surfaces such as door knobs, railings, counter tops, etc. regularly during your stay.
- The Hot Tub is available to Guest House guests using a sign up system to ensure that a maximum of 2 people from the same household, are in the Hot Tub at any time. Please inquire about the sign up sheet at the front desk. Please use sanitizer before entering the Hot Tub area, and utilize the sanitizer & paper towel to wipe down hand railings and touch surfaces when you are done.
- Between May long weekend and Thanksgiving, the outdoor pool is open between the hours of 10:00 am and 10:00 pm. Pool deck chairs have been situated with a minimum 6 feet distance between chairs and we ask that you refrain from moving them. When you leave the pool deck, please be sure to take all possessions including pool towels with you to the Guest House. Used green pool towels can be deposited into the bins at the pool deck entrance.
- You will notice that we have added plexiglass “sneeze-guards” at cash registers and our front desk.
- Please comply with all Public Health Orders and Advisories around travel within the province of B.C.; Burrowing Owl reserves the right to cancel any reservations made by guests who live outside of Public Health travel advisory areas.
Shop Online – Always Open!
Click here for current availability.
Call us at 1-877-498-0620 x 1 for more information, and check back to this page which will be updated when the COVID-19 situation changes.
Thank you to all of our guests and staff for your ongoing support, and for your understanding during these unprecedented times.